Saturday, May 24, 2008

Rubber Stamping in Japan

Over the past few years when I have ventured to the LA area I have tried to stop by a super Japanese bookstore in Costa Mesa (Kinokuniya Bookstores of America). There are several of these located on the West coast. They have a website but it is pretty much in Japanese. Anyway, this one is located at 3030 Harbor Blvd, Suite G3, Costa Mesa, CA 92626.

Now the books they have there are mostly in Japanese and since I don't know how to read it I just end up looking at the pictures! They have several craft sections, one of which is rubber stamping. The books you will find there are rubber stamping are just about 100% on eraser carving! I have posted some photos of several of the books I have purchased from there over the past few years. One of the books however is on carving chops, not erasers. It is a fun book anyway!






In addition to showing pictures of them carving the stamps they also have many ideas on ways to use the stamps. There are several examples of stamping on a variety of surfaces. If you live in an area that has some Japanese bookstores around you might want to just go take a look.

I really don't know how to order any of these books online but I am sure there is a way. If anyone would like the ISBN numbers of the books I would be more than happy to give them to you!

No comments: